Monday, February 02, 2004

More Commercial Appeal Kudos


I know, how strange to hear me say that! But after releasing the audiotape of Mayor Herernton's inaugural speech, the one that started "all this mess," they have taken an additional step: making a Web page of relevant story links about the Herenton story. Now, we bloggers and interested citizens have a one-stop source for CA stories. A great move on the part of the paper. The page also includes the MP3 speech link and a couple of others.

I've also noticed plugs in the paper for Blake's Blog, by the Commercial Appeal's political / government reporter. They kind of ridiculously overhype it -- it's still very much a work in infancy -- but I hope it brings in more readers and commenters. He both deserves and needs the audience. His most recent post, is an encouraging move in a good direction. He lays out his thinking on the Democratic primaries and which candidate will get the nomination. Go and read it! I get lonely being the only commenter much of the time. I'm sure Blake sees me as his personal gadfly by now.

Speaking of the inauguration speech MP3, I haven't had the chance to listen in detail yet. Like I said below, last week was Super Bowl week at work and I didn't have the time. I'll get to it this week, I promise. Really! Check's in the mail and I'll respect you tomorrow.

No comments: