Sunday, March 13, 2005

Set Up, Knock Down


Right Wing News has a short'n'sweet look at the front running possibilities for the 2008 Republican Presidential nomination. Condi Rice has already taken herself out today.

So who does this leave? Is someone from the pool of Republican governors laying groundwork? I've heard Mitt Romney of Massachusetts is, and maybe one of the Carolina governors, though I can't recall which one as I'm writing this. Even Mike Huckabee of Arkansas has fans.

I've also heard former Virginia Senator George Allen's name mentioned. Any other ideas?

UPDATE Monday Morning: Mick has an exhaustive look at the possibilities. I can't believe I forgot Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota. Or is that a sign of just how obscure he is? It's also a sign, as Mick notes, of the extremely short and selfish coat-tails of President Bush.

A commenter there also mentions Newt Gingrich, who was making public noises about a run a couple of months ago. What became of that?

No comments: