Friday, December 05, 2003

Hello And Goodnight


I've had a long ugly day at work. Basically, there are supposed to be three of us opening the store, but only I showed up (early no less!) until opening time, by when the manager came in ninety minutes late. Which she increasingly does lately. She's trying passively-aggressively to get me to do all her set up, so she can breeze in and just run things. The other one called in sick, but she wasn't. She's getting back at me for giving her a hard time for not doing her job. Such is her logic. We were very behind from the start and I had to do the work of three people until we got caught up, which was late today.

Note: I only get paid one salary. A low one, too. It makes for tremendous frustration and latent hostility.

I really, really hate being the dependable one, the guy who cares, the guy who'll do what it takes. I'm always being exploited by those who don't. Coworkers are more than happy to let me shoulder their work so they can fuck off. None of them get disciplined, so they just keep on doing it. And I keep on picking up their slack.

As you can guess, I'm pissed. So we'll see you tomorrow when, after some sleep, I've cooled off. There's one more post below this from today, similarly personal. Tomorrow, I hope to knock off a few things that require some time for thought and writing. See ya then.

No comments: