Wednesday, December 03, 2003

She Really Can Rock The Vote


Joan Jett, she of "I Love Rock And Roll," is hoping to be a delegate for Howard Dean at the Democratic convention next year.
Dean's New York campaign director, Ethan Geto, said Jett was an early and active supporter of Dean's campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination, including performing at fund-raising events.

"I am very impressed with Howard Dean," Jett said. "I care about our country and our troops and I want things to go well."

Jett, 43, said she agrees with Dean's stance against the war in Iraq, though she is a champion of members of the U.S. military. She performed twice for troops in the Afghanistan military theater in the months after Sept. 11, 2001, and has also performed for American troops in Bosnia.
OK, I wouldn't go near Dean with your ten foot pole, but I still think this is kinda neat. Rock on!

Here's a recent pic for you.

No comments: