Sunday, July 17, 2005

So Why Aren't We Reassured?


Mayor Herenton wants to know if he can or can't sell MLGW on his own say-so. He claims it's only to put "crazy talk" to rest, but why don't I believe him?
"My understanding is that any sale requires approval of City Council and possibly a public referendum vote. Either way, the mayor does not have that authority. I know that, and I want the public to know what I've known for six years now."
Like any of this will stop him?

He bullshat the City Council to get his man, Joseph Lee, as head of MLGW. He bullshat the City Council and the people of Memphis to force the FedUp Forum through. If he wants to sell MLGW, it will happen, regardless of what the law says, what the City Council says and what the people of Memphis say. He's just that kinda guy.

Herenton just wants to know how girded his loins will need to be before he gets started.

No comments: