Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hey! Wait For Me!


I am so clueless, I swear. Only just today discovered that Hugh Hollowell of Midtown Books has a blog! I'm sure I saw a mention in the newsletter, but I seem to have forgotten it, too.

Anyway, he blogs about books, bookselling, life and everything. Like his store, it's interesting and lowkey. Try this post about his experience in a "big box" bookstore:
So now it is my turn to be "helped". Oh, goodie. After giving her the title and author, she says "We should have a copy". What? You should have a copy? Hell, lady, I should have six pack abs and perfect teeth, but that just ain't the way it is.

So I say, "do you in fact have a copy"?

"I think so", she says.

"Where", I say.

"If we have one, it would be in Business- Motivation", she says, hopefully. [I always liked Swifties]

"Where would that be", I ask.

I kid you not, she looked me dead in the eye and said, "In the business section".

Oh.
Check it out and if you haven't been to Midtown Books (on Madison, just before Cooper near Overton Square) stop by and say hi.

And buy a book!

No comments: