Monday, June 12, 2006

Would You Like to Meet a Blogger?


Interesting observation from a political candidate-blogger about the bloggers bash:
Political ideology aside, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity to meet some of the people behind the blogs. Only catch is, you have to be a blogger to attend.
That raises an obvious question. Is there any interest in having some kind of "Meet the Memphis blogosphere" kind of event?

There have been blog panels at various events around town. I know Rachel's done them, as has Jon. I've even done one, about a year ago.

But I'm thinking maybe some kind of social/media event with an eye to getting us on the news or in the paper. Something to raise our profiles. And maybe something to let a curious public who read blogs and comment on them but don't blog themselves get to hang out with us. I know some of my commenters have wanted to attend a bash.

Yeah, that's a fairly formless idea, I know. But is there any interest?

No comments: