Saturday, May 21, 2005

Blog Email Weirdness


Without naming names, has any other Tennessee blogger gotten an unsolicited email from a Tennessee television news station with nothing more than a link to a story about an investigation of the Department of Tourism contracts scandal?

I ask because although the email names the station, the "From" field lists my blog's email addy. I hesitated to even open it on the theory it might be spam or a virus. And I hesitated to click the link, because I didn't want to be taken to some malware infection site. Looking closely at the URL, though, it too seemed fine. It all seems legit, except for the "From" field oddity.

This is from a news station that has never before sent me email. Doesn't really have a reason to. Much less a story heads-up. Strangeness. Any ideas?

No comments: