Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Bugs


There's been a lot happening to me lately that I -- obviously -- haven't blogged about. Twisted ankle, strange computer problems, A/C going out for a week. What can I say? I'm a man of constant sorrows.

Anyway, what had been a minor but persistent bug problem (roaches) has suddenly become a Biblical plague. The landlord had an exterminator out two weeks ago. He sprayed and within days the problem was twice as bad as before. Today, I boarded Bennie and set off 3 Raid fumigator bombs in the place (800 square feet, so you can imagine the overkill). I return tonight and it's still as bad, if not even worse, than yesterday! The exterminator is coming back this Friday, but I haven't a clue what he can do.

So, short of moving out (I have my reasons) what can y'all suggest to tackle this problem? I don't leave food out; I wash dishes right away. I'll have to move everything to get behind and clean, but that's fine. The roaches are all over the place though! Any home remedies? Any good professionals? Store-bought chemicals? Natural treatments?

I'm way open to suggestions.

No comments: