Friday, November 04, 2005

Welcome Back, Joyce


The Friday, November 4th entry in WPTY news anchor Cameron Harper's blog announces that Joyce Peterson is joining their newscast.

All I can say is "'Bout damn time." She has real poise, professionalism and charm behind an anchor desk, as her run on WMC's Saturday morning newscast proved. When she left WMC (I have never learned why, by the way.) I said that WPTY needed to move right away to snag her and set up their own morning show, to make use of her considerable appeal.

Glad to see that she's back. Is WPTY still moving towards having their own morning news show? I hope this is a sign it's so.

INSTANT UPDATE: Hah! Not two minutes after I posted this I heard Joyce Peterson do a news report on WREC/AM600's top-of-the-hour newscast! (Clear Channel owns both WPTY and WREC.)

No comments: