Saturday, January 18, 2003

And We're Back


Hide the women and children and bar the doors! Yep, Half-Bakered is back.

I found I couldn't stay away. My desire to shoot off my mouth in a forum that reaches literally dozens of folks was irrepressible, it would seem. Some folks say this is the surest sign of being a writer. May be; I'd like to think so.

Anyway, I'll be doing more of what H-B was (nearly) famous for -- taking the CA to task, scrutinising our government and media, and making fun of Mike Fleming. And now that I'm not anonymous, you can expect a bit more personalisation. I'll be doing less volume than I was before, and with a broader national scope as well, so the face of H-B may be a bit different. But I'm still the same curmudgeon I've always aspired to, so your regular drink of DysPepsi will there for you again. You're welcome.

Many, many thanks to the generous folks who expressed some form of sadness at the previous demise of H-B. That played a part in my return. Also, my admiration to the three tentpoles of Tennessee blogging: Bill Hobbs, Instapundit and SouthKnox Bubba, who remain as always my models. Lots more spreadable thanks to the many, many other bloggers like Rapmaster, SayUncle, William Burton, LeanLeft, Justin, Rich, and more names I know I'm forgetting as I write this, for keeping on.

As I said, it won't be as much as before. Today's burst will doubtless be unusually prolific. But it does feel good to be back. I hope I fill a need.

And for another surprise, read the next post.

Thanks to all of you.

No comments: