Saturday, March 29, 2003

Tech Note


Yours truly is the proud owner of his own domain: http://www.hollihan.net, or "Mr. Mike's Rumpus Room O' Science." That's a name I've been using for a few years for an old free-hosted website, and I'll be using it for the new domain. I finally got the money and went with Hosting Matters for domain hosting. So far, so good.

You can check it out, though only the home page and the "Mr. Mike" pages work, and the interpages you get by clicking on the links at the bottom of the "Mr. Mike" page. I'll be moving this blog and another personal blog there as soon as I get MovableType installed and configured.

I've already downloaded MT, unpacked it and read the installation manual. I even tried uploading and configuring it on Hosting Matters, but that proved rather frightening and fruitless, so I removed everything until I'm more comfortable with what I'm doing. Which may be a while. If you are familiar with MT and don't mind dumb questions by newbies, feel free to contact me at asme@crosswinds.net. I could use the help.

No comments: