Wednesday, September 03, 2003

"Hah!" I Cry, Crying "Hah!"


You may all bow down before me and tremble. I took an IQ test that Alpha Patriot had a link to on his blog. I came back with a

126 !!

Feel free to tell your friends you know me.

According to the Emode folks, I'm a "Word Warrior."
"This means you have exceptional verbal skills. You can easily make sense of complex issues and take an unusually creative approach to solving problems. Your strengths also make you a visionary. Even without trying you're able to come up with lots of new and creative ideas."
Readers of this blog, when it's being kept up with, can no doubt attest to this.

Seriously, I think I've lost a few IQ points from my youth. I was reading on a first-year college level in the fifth grade and routinely scored in the 99th percentile on school performance tests (as did my best friend). I got a 30 on the ACT (as did my best friend), taken in the junior year, too. I was fearsomely smart, but fatally shy. It all went to hell in my senior year when I discovered the three D's: drinking, drugs and dissolution. Then I went from straight-A student to getting my first F, in mere months.

I was still able to get into Auburn University as an architecture student. I started out in math with Differential Calculus. Unfortunately, I was on my own for the first time and totally unprepared for it. I ended the school year on academic probation with a .1 GPA. I kid you not. It took me seventeen years and three schools to complete college, but I did.

Hey, what am I telling you all this for? Bow down, unworthies!! Quit trying to look behind the curtain or I'll smack you. And your little dog, too!

No comments: