Thursday, February 03, 2005

Bandwidth Thievery


Thanks to the success of the Major Matt Mason "hostage hoax photo" it has been spread far and wide. Unfortunately for me, it's finally spread far enough that 'tards are hotlinking directly to the image on their own blogs. Bad bloggers!

It's leaching a lot of bandwidth, so I finally had to do something I've been avoiding to this point: setting up an htaccess file. That should solve the big problem.

It also creates a new one. I've been hosting the Memphis Blogger button and letting anyone who wants to hotlink it. If you're one of those folks, just drop me an email or a comment and I'll add you to the htaccess file so it appears on your blog again. I'm sorry for the trouble, but blame the lazy, greedy and stupid of the Internet.

No comments: