Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Damn Memphis Cops


[This post has been changed since it was posted. Read the comments.]

Earlier today, I'm going across Madison at Avalon on my way to the Pig. The light turns red, I get the "WALK" signal and start across.

First, some guy in a hoopty (Seventies era car with partial repair work and a half-there paint job, with spinners.) dashes out and cuts me off. Then... THEN! A woman follows right behind him, aimed right at me! She swerves at the last second, apparently not having paid any attention. Problem is, she swerves toward a car turning behind me from Avalon to Madison and has to brake, then swerve back.

The whole time, a Memphis cop is sitting there watching this in the turn lane of Madison. I holler and wave my arms at him and toward the woman. No movement, doesn't look at me, nothing.

NOT A DAMN THING. Too busy, I guess.

No wonder criminals feel so comfortable in this town, top to bottom.

No comments: