Monday, July 25, 2005

I Have a Dream Now


The other Chris, the Pesky Fly at The Flypaper Theory, eviscerates a Wendi Thomas column. Of course, this is like saying a chef filets a fish or a golfer putts the ball, but there you are.

FlyGuy quotes Thomas:
Not all dreams are worth dreaming.
Oh, I don't know. I've always wanted to be a dim, sniffy, shallow, light-weight, selfish, moralistic columnist who gets by with easy, surface-skating stances on hot-button issues instead of having to dig deeper and think harder than the average person (or the below-average person, come to think of it). And with Wendi, I have a role model!

On the other hand, I really do hate giving this kid any mention. I'm very sure that, like Mike Fleming, she regards all press as good press and all the controversy over what she writes as just the mindless chatter of the less-important hoi polloi.

She sounds, in that waste of column inches, like the Convention and Visitor's Bureau shill she is. Likely her boss and his "friends" like that just fine.

No comments: