Thursday, July 14, 2005

Well... That Didn't Work


I tried not to post snarky yesterday, but a mere thirty minutes after putting up the Complaint-Free Wednesday post I ran across a local blogger saying something so hideous I had to respond.

But I couldn't, and keep my promise. So, I logged off. Also, I was away from the keyboard most all of yesterday, getting my ass handed to me big-time in a game of Epic: Armageddon. I was so tired, dispirited, upset and angry that I didn't even bother to log on and check email. Just got some Haagen-Dasz (Arrgh! Schnuck's was out of Chocolate-Chocolate Chip, so I had to settle for Vanilla Swiss Almond. Arrgh!) and the movie Appleseed to take my mind off things for a while. Even then, I didn't watch the movie, but just went to bed early.

Wednesdays will, for a while at least, be no-posting days, unless I can squeeze in some computer time before leaving to game. Whether I blog when I get home will depend on my generalship skills and how badly I'm beaten. Or if I win. If.

A few commenters on that post mentioned that I'm not "in training" but a fully-developed curmudgeon. Thanks guys! I like to think I'm in the grand tradition that extends back to at least Mark Twain and includes Benchley, Parker, Mencken, Thompson, etc.

No comments: