Thursday, September 29, 2005

Yet Another Excercise in Obviousness


Via Say Uncle comes yet another Politics Test. The results are no surprise:
You are a

Social Liberal
(78% permissive)

and an...

Economic Conservative
(81% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Libertarian




Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test

Some of the questions were a bit confusing for me. For example, one asks if it's alright to have Federal regulation of television shows. Well, very few people understand that we gave the Federal government the power to regulate radio (and then television) as a public trust for The Common Good. So, yes, I think the Federal government should exercise that power if they have it. But I don't think we should have ever given it to them in the first place. The Federal Communications Act should be abolished.

See? It's that kind of over-thinking that makes me such a dud at social gatherings. That, and I use phrases like "social gathering." And I like "Windy" by The Association.

No comments: