Monday, December 05, 2005

Get Your Gun


I'm sorry not to get to this sooner. It's been in my bookmarks for a while, just waiting. Thanks to Nashville Files for pointing this out.

NewsChannel3's Andy Wise recently did a series of reports called Get Your Gun, about obtaining a gun permit, taking classes on gun use and safety, and choosing the right weapon. I haven't seen it (see below) but others have commented positively on the attitude and point of view Wise takes. Here's his preface:
My experiences inspired me to produce the series you can watch below. We call it "Get Your Gun" because we wanted to reach those of you who are considering for the first time -- like me -- to arm yourself. Through our production of this series, I have developed an enormous respect for firearms, the experts who use them and our Second Amendment right as Americans to bear them. I am convinced that if more of us had a healthy respect for guns; if more of us as citizens knew HOW to use them, WHEN to use them, WHERE to secure them; and if more law-abiding citizens properly CARRIED the appropriate handgun, crime would not be as much of a problem.
That's a far cry from the report I once saw on Fox13 where Allyson Finch waved a 45 on camera, with her finger on the trigger, even pointing it into her own chest.

Kudos to Andy Wise for this. I hope it gets more exposure.

I'd like to watch these clips, but I apparently don't have the right media player for NewsChannel3's tech guys. That's odd, since I have the most recent Firefox browser and put in the latest updated Windows Media Player, but there you are. It's not my job to have the right equipment, but their job to broadcast in the most available formats. Too bad for NewsChannel3.

It's part of the reason I don't link to WREG/3's website that much. If they won't serve the public, but expect the public to adapt to them, then they aren't in the customer service business. With all the media options these days, I don't give them a second thought.

No comments: