Sunday, October 12, 2003

It's Alive, Alive!


I will be dipped, as Huey Long used to say. I've blogged about Blake Fontenay's Commercial Appeal blog recently, here and here. As I've said, it's basically been an online version of the short bits he does for the paper. My assumption was that it was a catchall for stories that otherwise might be lost when the paper didn't have room for them that day.

Now there are signs of change. In an October 8th post, he wrote in a very conversational manner about his predictions for the coming city elections. And then, on October 10th, he addressed his predictions post-election. Not only that, but he took notice of my comments in his blog and addressed them, naming me by name! I've arrived.

I have to say, this is a welcome change. I really hope Blake continues, as his time permits, to keep his blog in this new style. It is far more like the kinds of blogs that readers of Mr. Mike's Rumpus Room O' Science are used to, and a very good way to address charges that the paper's conversation with its readers is one way.

Go take a look and see what you think. If you like it, let Blake know. I'm glad to have been noticed and appreciate being taken seriously, even if my blogging style is far more, er...spicy than the more neutral and dispassionate style that newspapermen like Blake cultivate. I'm looking forward to more. I really am.

No comments: