Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Only Two Holidays


Most of you will not read this blog again until after the holiday, so have a good Thanksgiving Day and weekend. Wednesday is Busy Day and there likely won't be any more posts before y'all leave.

There are only two holidays I celebrate: Thanksgiving and Independence Day. I don't even much care about my birthday any more. Not since I turned thirty, anyway.

And damn it, I sat down to write a meaningful post about this, but it wouldn't come. I briefly posted what I had, but it was awful. I deleted it. Maybe it'll come to me in proper form later.

In the meantime, have a safe and happy Thanksgiving Day. Take a moment to step back from everything and really look at yourself and your life. Find the reasons to be grateful for what you have, even if it doesn't seem obvious or possible at first. It's worth it.

No comments: