Public Service Announcement, With Extra Fun Added
I'll have to save Paula Wade's second story on TennCare in today's Commercial Appeal, which builds on her story yesterday detailing the horror about to befall TennCare and its poor, helpless dependents. It's late for me and bedtime.
In the meantime, here's some URLs to keep you occupied:
* Bill Hobbs, whose blog you should be reading daily anyway, has a great rundown of the referendum in Massachusetts to abolish the income tax there. It won't pass, but it's doing surprisingly well!
* Can't recall if I mentioned this one, on TABOR (the Colorado Taxpayer's Bill of Rights), but Hobbs, again, is on top of it. He links to some necessary reading. This post is tied in.
By the way, does anyone else get creeped out by Bredesen spokeswoman Lydia Lenker? She seems like the classic "say anything, say it nasty, don't worry about truth" Clinton Democratic flack? I do not look forward to hearing her bleat from now to November. Ick.
* Tax Free Tennessee quotes from a hilarious press release by the Tennessee Republican Party. Seeing as how Dick Cheny will be here this week, it's especially apropos.
* South Knox Bubba has been on a roll of late, settin' 'em up and knockin' 'em down with alacrity. The posts you want are here, here, here, href="http://www.southknoxbubba.com/skblog/archive_2002_08.html#205"> and here. I don't quite agree with that last one, but it's good food for thought. Aww, heck, you should be reading everything on SKB's blog. He's funny and perceptive. OK?
* Ever heard of the Democratic Socialists of America? Many in your Congress have and they have around 160 members there! You should read this site thoroughly. It's scary stuff what they want to use your government to achieve. Dig around for the Congressional members list.
* This guy is running for Congress from the 5th District. He's Green and Red. The guy in the flag he's standing in front of is Che Guevara. Yup, Sixties Marxist radical Che. Go and boggle.
Until next time,
Your Working Boy