Sunday, February 23, 2003

The Political Digest


I've been a regular subscriber to The Political Digest for a couple or three years now. It's a self-described "Internet clipping service" put out by a retiree in California. Wayne Mann gets up early, scours the papers and the net for stories of interest to folks of a conservative/libertarian, pro-Second Amendment nature. His scope is pretty wide; he finds about 20 to 40 items daily! He then sets up an index and sends the whole thing out as an email to his subscribers. The emails run around 200 KB each, sometimes longer, depending on the news of the day.

I've found it's a great way to get a fast overview, and to find some otherwise missable items. You can subscribe by sending an email to tpd@charter.net with "subscribe TPD" (minus the quotes) in the subject line.

I have no financial interests or other links to this. I've simply found it to be very readable and enjoyable. Also, Wayne will sometimes include interesting personal items. It's well worth a look-see. If you'd like to see a sample, email me at asme@crosswinds.net and I'll shoot you over a recent copy.

No comments: