Wednesday, April 28, 2004

You See? I Told You


Over the weekend, remember how I noted that I thought the Commercial Appeal Appeal sections were the look of the future for the daily paper? Well, looking at Monday's edition, in which the Metro, Business and Editorial sections were condensed into one section (and five pages) along with the classifieds, I seem to have been justified.

The front, A, section isn't much different, except in story mix and focus, and the fact that page three will contain stories now more often than ads. By the way, what happened with the old full-page Goldsmith and Dillard's ads on page three? Who decided to not do that any more, except once in a while? Today's paper even had a mix of ads and stories more like the rest of the usual A section.

Like they say, be careful what you wish for as you may get it. I wanted change from the Commercial Appeal and am getting it. So why am I still unsatisfied?

No comments: