Saturday, March 12, 2005

Give Me Slack or Give Me Death


Via Len comes this quiz:

You are Slackware Linux. You are the brightest among your peers, but are often mistaken as insane.  Your elegant solutions to problems often take a little longer, but require much less effort to complete.
Which OS are You?


Uhhh...OK, as Butthead would say. What tickles me about my rating, though, is the "Dobbshead" they use.

Yes indeed, that pipe-smokin', all-American face is none other than the Slackmaster himself, J. R. "Bob" Dobbs, revered figure of the Church of the Subgenius.

I was pretty into Subgenius in my twenties, but when X-Day came and went with no aliens, I definitively lost interest. It was kinda like when Garrison Keillor came back to Minnesota after his humiliation in New York. You failed, it's over, what's the point?

I still have a copy of Arise! on videotape (somewhere, I think) if anyone wants to buy it. Very trippy and funny propaganda / recruitment film. As Dobbs himself prophetically said, "You'll PAY to know what you REALLY think."

No comments: