Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Thanks, Unc


Half-Bakered has its first-ever blog ad running right now, courtesy of Say Uncle. It's up in the right hand corner. He's decided to institute advertising and offered a few free ads to the first folks to asked. I got lucky!

Make sure to go read his blog, which you should be reading anyway, then click on the ad to come right back here! Help a fella out, OK?

When I move off Blogspot, I'll be instituting some ads as well. One or two, no more; one at the top of each side column. I'm not sure if I'll manage them myself or sign up with a company. It's solely to pay hosting fees and bandwidth.

OK, and maybe the odd book from Amazon or DVD from Poker Industries or DVD Empire if there's enough revenue in it. I don't review books here, because I'm a slow reader these days, but I do DVD reviews. Not as many as I'd like because they take a while to write. I have to watch the movie at least twice -- once for enjoyment, once for the commentary (if it's there), then once again with a notebook. I enjoy bringing these unknown or obscure films to people's attention. A great many beat anything you'll see at the multiplex.

Anyway, thanks to Say Uncle for the free promotion.

No comments: