Thursday, November 10, 2005

Big Plans?


Via Thaddeus Matthews this announcement:
This morning I received a call from one of the sharpest minds in local politics,who will remain nameless until the proper time,which will be early next year as we put in place a master plan to garner 40-50,000 signatures in ONE DAY for the [Memphis mayoral] recall petition, with 99.99% registered voter accuracy.With the help of 400 volunteers.

When this mastermind called an said he had a plan that would rock the foundations of local politics,I say sure Okay.But after we met for lunch and he presented it to me,I was in awe.This person had come up with such a unique plan that after we pull it off somebody in Nashville will be trying to change the laws surrounding recalls.
I will believe it when I see it, but it's good to know the recall effort is still underway. I support this drive.

If successful -- which admittedly is a long shot as the Mayor and his supporters will fight this tooth and nail, fairly and unfairly, above board and under the table -- it will send a needed shockwave through this community. I'd like to think it would seriously kick-start real reform, but that's the over-eager optimist in me.

At the least, we can pry the lid open on City Hall and see what's really been going on down there, learn just how bad a situation we're in.

No comments: