Friday, November 11, 2005

Damn Cat (Or, How You Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm, After They've Seen Union Avenue?)


At 7PM tonight, while I'm watching a Babylon 5 DVD, Bennie comes dashing in. She mews a few times, demands some scratching, walks around a bit and it's like she's never been away. I fix a bowl of food. She scarfs it down, ignoring me as I call to her, until she's eaten it all.

She is home and all has returned to normal. Literally it's as though the last two days haven't happened. She's leapt to the top of the bookcases and taken up her old sleeping/watching post, where she is now cleaning herself.

Damn cat.

But my heart is like that of the father of the prodigal son. No recriminations, just full of joy. She is well, unharmed. My girl, who I had thought dead, is back.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and well-wishes.

No comments: