Thursday, January 20, 2005

Thank You All Very Much


Back before I stopped blogging last September, my daily traffic was between 150 and 200 hits a day, which I was quite proud of. It took almost two years to get to that plateau. My goal then was to get and stay over 200.

While I was away, traffic drifted down to and stayed at 25 hits a day. Mostly it was stray search engine hits or links to a movie review post I did. (From a great British site that reviews Japanese and Korean horror films: Snowblood Apples. The review was for Battle Royale). Of course, a few of you die-hards hoping I'd return get dropping in.

Well, after just a couple of weeks of being back at it, my daily traffic is already hovering around the 100 mark again! I'm seeing what appears to be mostly folks coming directly here, or RSS feeds and bots coming by. After that, search engines still dominate, but I'm noticing that it's mostly folks looking for stories I've covered. I'm also seeing more and more folks using "Half-Bakered" as the sole search term. That's wonderful.

To judge by emails, commenters, other sites and things I'm hearing, I'm beginning to really reach one of the two main audiences I wanted to speak to: the local media. (The other audience, of course, is the average Memphian. That seems to be happening, too, though at a far, far slower pace.) I won't name drop, but I've been very surprised at who's heard of Half-Bakered and who reads it.

So, to everyone who stops by I repeat: Thank you all very much. While I do this to please myself, I wouldn't do it long if I wasn't making connections with you.

No comments: