Friday, June 18, 2004

I Have a Cunning Plan


[Bonus Cool Points* if you know where that post title came from!]

I discussed this at the tag end of the Bloggers Bash, but haven't mentioned it here yet. It's an idea -- OK, a pipe dream, a really pie-in-the-sky idea -- for "going pro" with Half-Bakered.

What I need are twenty people willing to contribute $100 a month to me. That's $24,000 a year, which is way more than I need to get by on. No Andrew Sullivan me! He made triple digits from his blog-ransom. I'd need some kind of agreement to keep the income steady and not have it fluctuate wildly as subscribers drop out or join up, but you get the idea.

This way, I'd be free to go to all the local Commission and Council meetings, political party meetings, prayer breakfasts, luncheons, etc. around town! It would dramatically expand the scope and depth of Half-Bakered.

Ah well.... Heck, no one's yet hit the PayPal donation jar, so it doesn't hurt to dream really, really big, but I'm not holding my breath, either.


*BONUS COOL POINTS

Collect your Bonus Cool Points from the cashier in the lobby.

BCPs can be redeemed with the nearest group of hip people in your area and socioeconomic/education/class group. Cool passport and a beginner's cool permit required. Do not use BCPs without knowing what you are doing, as they can be dangerous to your cool if used improperly. Always wear shades.

No comments: