Today's Tax Free Tennessee is literally bursting at the seams with good stories. I'll break them out for you, with short summaries:
* Jim Henry is conclusively and exhaustively proved to be former Governor Ned McWherter's waterboy on the income tax. Now you know why he's been endorsed by Don Sundquist.
* By simply looking up their own research, TFT again conclusively and exhaustively proves that Lamar Alexander proposed an income tax in his State of the State Address of 1985! His ads are lying and the lazy newspapers are letting him get away with it.
* TFT lists all pro-IT candidates and their challengers for you to decide..
* From one of Half-Bakered's favorite magazines, The Economist, comes this story about the Tennessee budget and election situation. TFT has a short excerpt here. If you seek a good newsweekly with only the important stories written in a complete and intelligent style, the Economist might be for you. But please note that they have a pro-market, pro-globalization, pro-government point of view, which may not be to everyone's taste. Still, an excellent and comprehensive weekly read.
* From The Chattanoogan, via TFT comes this story about a talk Senator David Fowler gave on Friday. It's a revealing back-stage look at the Legislature this Spring and Summer.
* Lastly, also via TFT, from The Chattanooga Times-Free Press is this story, and from the Tennessean is this story, both about record turnouts in early voting. Seems Thursday is shaping up to be a very interesting day....
Until next time, that is all.
Your Working Boy