Thursday, March 25, 2004

Good Morning, Memphis


Whew! I just completed a massive overhaul of the links to the left. I finally added the Government section, though I still need to add some State-level sites and a few more locals. I also tweaked the template a bit and changed the color over there, and of the inline links, to a paler color than the former gold. It seems a bit easier on the eyes.

I've also decided to add a whole lot of LiveJournal Memphians to the "Folks" listing. It's something I've been going back and forth over, but all the ones listed are staying current and doing more than a minimum of discussion with some Memphis content. LiveJournalling tends to be much more confessional and diaristic than blogging, which tends to the rhetorical and educational. We'll see how this goes.

If you don't see your name or site over there in "Folks" and would like it added, either email me or leave a note in the comments. I'll review you and maybe add you. Memphis or Mid-South orientation is a must, obviously, and there are some other aesthetic concerns that are purely subjective. Sorry, but "my blog, my rules." Alternatively, if you want off the list, for whatever reason, let me know, too.

Frankly, I'm worried at how long those link-lists are getting, as the eye tends to glaze over after a certain length. Folks tend not to go browsing very long lists. If anyone has suggestions on how to fight that, let me know.

I hope the new look works. Let me know.

No comments: